from: LSST Software Design.
We are using the Iconix Process (http://iconixsw.com) to design the LSST Software. A UML model of the software, which is kept in synchronization with the code, is at the heart of the process. Direct access to the UML model using Enterprise Architect (http://www.sparxsystems.com) is available to those developing the software. For those who want to examine the model, PDF documents summarizing it are regularly generated and are available here:
- http://dev.lsstcorp.org/model/DC2Model.pdf - now static
- DM/ReferenceDesign/ApplicationStatus maps EA Application activities & use cases, WBS Id and implementation packages, also relevant summary stats
- DM/ReferenceDesign/MiddlewareStatus maps EA MIddleware activities & use cases, WBS Id and implementation packages, also relevant summary stats
DC3b developers are probably most interested in the following subsets of the DC3 Model.
- Data Release Production - Usecase and Activity
- Alert Production - Usecase and Activity Note, however that the shared Data Release Production pipelines are not expandable in this document. Refer back to the Data Release Production - Usecase and Activity model for pipeline:stage expansion.
- Domain Model
We plan on automatically generating these quick-n-easy visuals on a daily basis.