from: LSST Software Tools.
LSST is using a number of tools, both as components of our code, and to support our build system
See also DM/ThirdPartySoftware: a record of third party packages used by data management.
- STL: the C++ Standard Template Library. You may use anything from here.
- Boost: the Boost C++ libraries. Selected libraries only; Boost LsstBoost lists those acceptable.
- Eigen: matrix algebra package (see MatrixMath for alternatives considered).
- FFTW: C++ FFT Library.
- GSL: C++ GNU Scientific Library.
- numpy: python numeric package.
- Doxygen: generates documentation from source code comments.
- Eups: manages multiple versions of installed packages and their dependencies.
- M4: a macro language for general-purpose automated code generation
- SCons:builds software.
- Swig: a python/C++ interface generator (see python_C for alternatives considered).
- Subversion: a version control system.
- gcov, ggcov, tggcov C++ Coverage Analysis Tools.
- HyperAtlas: Facilitates sphere-to-plane mapping of large federations of imaging data. Allows for mosaicking of large grid-based datasets.
- Object-Relational Mapping: packages for mapping between C/C++ objects and tables in an RDBMS.
- abi-compliance-checker: Checks binary and api compatibility between versions of a library (DM-speak: package)