LSST Trac Environment
from: LSST Wiki Table of Contents.
Trac V0.11 New Features
Visit the Trac 0.11 Release Notes for an excellant overview of new Trac features.
Please see Data Challenge Ticket Workflow for more informaton on the state transitions followed by a Trac Ticket progressing through the LSST workflow.
Additional Features installed for LSST Environment
The following plug-ins were installed to tailor trac for the LSST developer's environment. For information on the use of these features, follow their documentation link. Many additional plug-ins have already been created for Trac 0.11. To get the most up-to-date list visit the Trac-Hacks 0.11 list. If you find something you want to try out, let Robyn know.
Feel free to let Robyn know which of the following plug-ins are annoying, useless, or worse and should be removed.
- TOC macro provides a method for building a Table of Contents.
- Discussion adds discussion forums to Trac. Users can create topics in forums and reply to them which together creates discussion threads. Threaded or flat view to topics and its replies is supported.
- AddComment provides comment blocks in wiki pages.
Future Features for LSST Enviroment
The following features are pending installation for reasons specific to each plug-in. Most were successfully demonstrated on the LSST Trac0.11 testbed.
- Bread Crumbs Navigation displays recently visited pages as navigational bread crumbs. These breadcrumbs start from the right on the navigation banner. NOTE: requires Python 2.5
- Bread Crumbs for Paths displays breadcrumbs naviation for wiki subpages, i.e. those pages named using '/' to simulate tree structured paths. The subpages breadcrumbs start from the left on the navigation banner. NOTE: requires Python 2.5
- Trac Tags supports tagging of page content for use in information cloud search. NOTE: requires Python 2.5
- TracFullBlog provides a blog. NOTE: requires Python 2.5.
- Auto Navigation finds all references in the Trac wiki and then shows them in a sorted list. Isn't working under 0.11 yet.
Additional Ticket and Admin Support
- CodeReview adds code review actions to the LSST workflow.
- CustomFieldAdminPlugin provides a Web Admin panel for administrating custom fields - adding, modifying and deleting them without editing the trac.ini file directly.
- Master Tickets adds support for ticket dependencies. NOTE: Needs Python 2.5.
- DateField enables validation of custom fields as dates in tickets. NOTE: problem with distribution egg; try rebuild.
- BlackMagicTicketTweaks contains various hacks for the admin to alter Ticket form behavior. NOTE: Needs Python 2.5.
- DeleteTicket provides the admin with a method to delete a ticket. It remains installed but disabled until the admin requires it. When enabled, a delete option will appear on Ticket Report as an action change.
- StatusFixer allows the admin to alter the status of a ticket. It remains installed but disabled until the admin requires it. When enabled, the status change option will appear on Ticket Report as an action change.
- MacroPost allows wiki macros to use POSTs. This is a supporting macro for Trac macro developers. It is required for the AddComment macro.
- Trac Spam Filter provides spam filtering for open Trac sites. It is recommended for Trac Blog. Installation is deferred until Python 2.5.